Do you want to treat acne scars at home naturally overnight? Are you looking for some of the best natural home remedies that can treat acne scars fast and naturally? If yes! Then this article is the perfect guide for you.
Introduction: What is an Acne Scar and How Can I Treat Them?
Acne scars are the most common skin condition. They leave indentations that can affect people’s self-confidence and physical appearance. Acne scars are a bane of the modern acne sufferer.
Acne is a skin condition that is most commonly found on the face, but it can also happen on the neck, chest, and shoulders. Acne can also appear on other areas of the skin like fingers, buttocks, and thighs. It has been observed that some people are facing the problems of acne on the back.
The best way to treat acne scars is at their source: the acne inflammation itself. It is essential to find out what caused your acne to eradicate its root cause and prevent future breakouts.
If you want to avoid expensive treatments, there are many other natural home remedies to treat acne at home, like using vitamin E oil, aloe Vera gel, honey masks, apple cider vinegar, etc.
Breastfeeding is a natural way to treat acne during pregnancy, and it also helps with postpartum acne. Acne scars can be treated at home naturally by following some other simple steps:
- Wash your face twice or thrice daily.
- Use a gentle cleanser or mild soap without drying ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and benzoyl peroxide.
- Apply topical treatments like retinoids, azelaic acid peels, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA), salicylic acid peels, glycolic acid peels, and vitamin C serums.
Types of Acne Scars
Acne is the most common skin condition that people usually face during teenage years. It is characterized by pus-filled pimples on the face, neck, chest and back. Acne scars are a result of acne that has been left untreated or has been treated with harsh measures.
There are three types of acne scars:
Ice pick scar
Ice pick scar is the deepest type of acne scar. It looks like a deep stab wound and is caused by a severe inflammatory acne lesion that has not healed properly.
Boxcar scar is quite shallow and wide in comparison to an ice pick or rolling scar and it can also be called as rolling or boxy. It occurs when the area surrounding the original acne lesion tries to heal it by creating new tissue but gets stuck along the way, thus making this type of acne scar wider than others but less deep than an ice pick one.
Rolling scars are also shallow depressions on the skin but they have more rounded edges compared to boxcar acne scars which have very sharp edges. They can be less noticeable than icepick or boxcar acne scars.
12 Effective Home Remedies to Reduce the Acne Scars
While many people would like to get rid of scars and marks, it is difficult to find a skin remedy that actually works. You don’t have to live with scars which are physically visible on your skin.
Here are 12 effective natural home remedies for acne scars you can use to reduce the appearance of scars and marks on your face and help you achieve a more even complexion.
Coconut oil is a natural and effective home remedies for acne scars and marks on the skin. It is rich in antioxidants that help accelerate the healing process. Coconut oil does not clog pores and has antibacterial properties. Here are some ways to use coconut oil for skin care:
- Massage your skin with coconut oil at least twice a day to reduce the appearance of scars and marks.
- Apply coconut oil on your face as an overnight moisturizer for better effects.
- Add virgin coconut oil to your beauty routine by gently rubbing it on the scar after cleansing, toning, and exfoliating your face with a gentle cleanser, toner, and exfoliant, respectively
- Apply virgin coconut oil to scars or marks with or without makeup
- Coconut Oil can also be used as an ingredient in DIY face masks
Shea butter is a natural home remedies that helps in reducing the appearance of scars and marks on your face. There are many benefits of using shea butter for the treatment of scars and marks. Here are some ways to use shea butter for skin care:
It is very important that you use it on your scar or mark before you sleep because it will be able to work better then.
- Use oatmeal to make a paste out of it, apply this paste on your wound or scar, keep it there for about 10 minutes, then wash away.
- Mix with any number of essential oils that help erase scars and stretchmarks.
- Massage scar areas with olive oil to break down old, hardened scar tissue and promote blood circulation.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a plant with 91% water content, and has been used in skin treatments for centuries. It’s also the most effective natural home remedy for acne scars and marks on your face. Here are some ways to use aloe vera gel for skin care:
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on your skin after a few minutes of application, you will start to notice that it has decreased the appearance of the scars and marks in just a short period.
- The Aloe Vera has natural healing abilities which help in cutting down inflammation in your skin, this reduces the appearance of scarring and prevents any further damage to your skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel can be applied twice or thrice a day depending on what is suitable for you.
Raw honey is an organic natural remedies for acne scars and marks on the skin.
There are many reasons why your skin may develop marks or scars; weather conditions, lifestyle, diet, stress levels etc. They can appear as red patches on the skin that are not attractive. The trick is to find a natural remedy for this problem.
Raw honey is an organic remedy that heals scars and reduces the appearance of marks on your face. It has healing properties which help in making your skin smoother and younger looking. Here are some ways to use honey for skin care:
- Apply raw honey to the affected area with a cotton ball or gauze pad every day until you see improvement in the condition of your skin.
- Apply it directly onto pimples every night before bedtime.
Baking soda has been used for skin care for centuries. It is an excellent exfoliant and can be used to reduce the appearance of scars and marks on the skin.
- Mix baking soda with water until you get a paste.
- Apply the paste to the scar or mark. Rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a week
Lemon juice is one of the most popular natural home remedies for scars and marks on your face. This is mainly because lemon juice contains an acid known as citric acid, which helps reduce inflammation in your skin by killing bacteria. Here are some ways to use lemon for skin care:
- Apply the juice to your scar or mark. Leave it on for 20 minutes, before rinsing off with cool water.
- Apply this remedy twice a day – morning and night – for at least two weeks to witness results.
- Mix water and lemon juice together in equal parts and apply directly onto skin with caution. Let sit for 5-8 minutes before rinsing off with water.
Potato is a natural home remedy that can be used to reduce the appearance of scars and marks on your face. Here are some tips to use potato for skin care:
- Cut a raw potato and rub it onto the affected area. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
- Apply a cut potato directly onto the affected area. You can leave it there until it dries up or you can apply additional moisture periodically to keep the potatoes moist.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been used as a natural home remedies for centuries, but its ability to reduce the appearance of acne scars and marks on the face has only recently been proven. Here are some ways to use apple cider vinegar for skin care:
- A study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that apple cider vinegar is an effective skin-treating remedy to reduce the appearance of scars and marks on your face.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons of water, leave it for 10 minutes before applying onto your skin.
- Apply this mask two times daily for six weeks before evaluating whether or not you want to continue using it.
Vitamin E is an essential part of your skin’s natural defense system, and is one of the most popular natural home remedies for scars and marks.
- Vitamin E helps with the production of collagen, which gives your skin its elasticity and flexibility.
- It also smoothens out rough texture and promotes cell growth to help heal damaged skin cells faster.
- Vitamin E can be found in many different forms, such as oils, creams, ointments, capsules or tablets.
- It can be applied topically or taken orally in a pill form for a more long-term solution depending on the severity of the scarring issue.
Lavender and Olive Oil
Lavender oil is a natural home remedies for scars and marks on your face. Olive oil is also effective in reducing the appearance of acne scars by getting rid of dryness on your skin.
- As Lavender oil is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory, it can help to get rid of the scar marks.
- Regular massages with olive oil can also diminish the appearance of acne scars.
Rosehip and Frankincense Oil
Rosehip is often used as an ingredient in face creams because it helps lighten the skin color. Frankincense has healing properties and is best known natural home remedies for acne scarring.
- You can mix these two ingredients to create a homemade scar-reducing mask.
Turmeric contains an active compound called curcumin that has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. This compound also helps with healing wounds and reducing inflammation and is best known natural home remedies for scars and marks on face. Here are some tips to use turmeric for skin care:
- Apply it on your skin mixed with yogurt or milk.
- Mix it with some honey or crushed almonds to make it more nourishing for your skin.
- In case you don’t have any of those ingredients available at home, you can just mix turmeric with water and then apply the mixture on your face
Read More : How to Remove Dark Circles at Home Naturally
Important Steps to Follow with Home Remedies for Scars
Acne scars are the toughest scars to remove. This is because they are usually deep, red, and raised. The good news is that if you follow the same steps as for removing other types of scars then it can improve your chances of getting rid of acne scars.
Our skin is an important part of our lives. It reflects our personality, it expresses who we are. Acne scars are the most common type of scarring on the face. They can leave a lasting impact on your face and leave you feeling self-conscious about your appearance.
There are many methods available for removal of these acne scars from the body and face, but some might be more suitable than others depending on your skin type and severity of acne scarring.
Acne can be a frustrating and embarrassing condition. It can lead to deep pockmarks, redness, and inflammation. Previous generations may have turned to harsh chemicals to treat their acne, such as alcohol or lotions with benzoyl peroxide (a known irritant). Fortunately, people today can find more natural ways to fight acne.
Acne can be devastating to your self-esteem. The good thing is that there are plenty of natural home remedies that you can do at home to treat acne.
There are many different types of acne, and every person’s skin is unique. It is essential to find what works for you, not just go with what seems to work for someone else. If you have tried other treatments unsuccessfully, it may be worth trying another option or combining treatments.
Natural remedies for acne scars are a great option if you don’t want the expense of going to see a dermatologist.
One way is by using an acne face mask, a combination of ingredients that may include bentonite clay, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, or honey. The mask is applied all over the face and left on for 10 minutes before being washed off with water. This mask works because it helps dry out the excess oils on your skin, clogging your pores and causing breakouts.
One of the main reasons people suffer from acne is an overactive sebaceous gland.
You can treat your acne scars naturally at home by following some simple steps:
- Keep your hands and face clean at all times. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser and pat dry to avoid clogging pores.
- Avoid spicy foods, dairy products, and greasy or fatty foods, which will cause acne to flare up.
- Wear makeup that is oil-free or water-based because it will not clog pores.
- Apply a topical treatment of an antibiotic ointment like benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin, or clindamycin on your skin before you go to bed at night. It will help prevent the bacteria which causes the acne from reproducing while you are sleeping.
- Drink plenty of water.
If you have followed all the steps described above in this article, I am sure that you are now ready to get perfect skin.